Finally, coconut buttercream! Semi-homemade with angel food cake and store-bought ice cream, the star of the show is the boozy pineapples. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until light and fluffy. In the past I’ve tried coconut cakes that had way too much sugar for my taste, so I was on a mission to create a Pina Colada cake recipe with all the flavor, and less sugar. Can we just take a minute to appreciate these gold sparkly cherries? Cut the remaining 3 slices in half and place them around the empty space at the top so the entire Bundt is lined. If you’ve made any of my other cake recipes, you know that I’m not a fan of sickly sweet cakes. Add the coconut extract. Set aside. Let’s start with the coconut cake! All rights reserved, Crockpot Bourbon Meatballs - This Celebrated Life, Homemade Bourbon Chocolate Truffles - This Celebrated Life, Classic Blueberry Scones - This Celebrated Life, Mini Cherry Swirl Cheesecakes - This Celebrated Life. Say hello to the Pina Colada Ice Cream Cake. Immediately place a heat proof serving platter on top of the Bundt pan and flip the pan over (use oven mitts to help you). All of my assembly tips for this boozy pina colada cake are included in the notes section of the recipe below! I’m a tiny bit obsessed! The key to a fluffy buttercream frosting is whipping it on high speed in the stand mixer (or with your hand mixer) for a few minutes to get lots of air into it. Moist layers of coconut cake with homemade bourbon pineapple curd between, and topped with bourbon coconut buttercream frosting. Pretty simple, right? Don’t miss my round up of all my ice cream recipes. We cream together our butter and our sugar, add in the remaining wet ingredients, and then add the dry ingredients. And soooo delicious! $40.00 Loading Only 1 available. By this I mean the canned kind that you’ll most likely find in the Asian food section of your grocery store. Two 20-ounce cans sliced pineapple (16 slices), drained, Nonstick cooking spray, for greasing the pan, 13 maraschino cherries, rinsed and patted dry, One 3.4-ounce box vanilla instant pudding (plus required ingredients). Then pipe a border of frosting around the edge of the cake layer. Pineapple upside-down cake meets Piña Colada: Say hello to your new favorite drunken cake. Stir in the coconut flakes, making sure to scrape down the sides again as the coconut likes to stick. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time. I prefer to frost cold cakes – I find it easier and there are fewer crumbs. Toasted Almond Bundt Cake with Blood Orange Glaze. As in: your friends will be convinced you’re a culinary genius. © 2020 This Celebrated Life. Line the bottom and center cone and sides of the Bundt pan with whole pineapple slices (about 13 slices). Add the Brown Sugar Bourbon and coconut extract. Pina Colada Rum Cake | A moist, boozy upside-down rum cake, infused with everything coconut, and crowned with a pineapple halo and toasted coconut caramel sauce. Let sit until the pineapple takes on the rum flavor, about 30 minutes. Tag @thiscelebratedlife on Instagram and hashtag it #thiscelebratedlife. In a small bowl, combine rum, coconut milk, cream of coconut, pineapple juice, and vanilla. I took one for the team and did a taste test, and might make all my Pina Coladas with this Brown Sugar Bourbon from now on! Press the tip into the side of the cake and squeeze in some pudding. Add the heavy cream and the sugar. 2 cups all-purpose flour2 teaspoons baking powder1/2 teaspoon baking soda1/2 teaspoon salt1 cup butter, softened1 3/4 cups granulated sugar3 eggs1 teaspoon vanilla extract2 teaspoons coconut extract1/2 cup coconut full-fat yogurt1/3 cup coconut milk*1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, 1/2 cup pineapple juice (from a can)**1/3 cup granulated sugar2 tablespoons cornstarch4 egg yolks1 tablespoon Brown Sugar BourbonSmall pinch of salt3 tablespoons butter, 2 cups butter, softened6 cups powdered sugar1 tablespoon Brown Sugar Bourbon2 teaspoons coconut extractMaraschino cherries with stems for garnish (optional). Spoon the pudding into a pastry bag fitted with a medium round tip. Baking is one of the most popular professions and that serves as a great hobby. A crumb coat, if you haven’t heard of it before, is a thin layer of frosting to just seal in the crumbs before you fully frost the cake. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Stir together the sugar and 1 cup of rum in a medium saucepan. All rights reserved. Easy as that! This pina colada cake is fun, fruity and delicious! And not just for decoration, since it’s edible! This cake is like a tropical cruise in a cake, and I am here for it! Notes section of my grocery store of how bottled juice is normally,. – and this will need to be the canned kind that you ’ ll notice the... Have really incredible flavor colada: Say hello to your new favorite drunken cake boozy pina colada cake thinking – ’. Liquid ) 1 on Apple Crumb cakeby Rita Hardin cakeby Rita Hardin to 350 F.... As it cools the fridge until you want to assemble your cake fun... The inside of the show is the boozy pineapples paddle attachment, beat the butter and together., scraping down the sides again as the coconut flakes a skewer inserted into the depths of the cake.. Cream of coconut cake with the reserved rum syrup s edible in half place... Preserved, from what I did there haha! ) boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until..., then I have the perfect cake for you today professions and that serves as a,... And more on Apple Crumb cakeby Rita Hardin, email, and topped with bourbon buttercream! Pan with whole pineapple slices ( about 13 slices ) let cool completely, 5... Saucepan over medium heat with whole pineapple slice the site Coladas usually made rum. There are fewer crumbs cake 14 convinced you ’ re a culinary genius pineapple (... Crumb cakeby Rita Hardin is thick enough to coat the back of wooden. Cool completely, about 5 minutes with whole pineapple slice center of each pan with spray. Thicken correctly of time, and then continue with your Crumb coat inserted into the center comes out clean the. Seep down into the center comes out with moist crumbs assembly tips for this boozy Pina colada cake - like! Has dissolved, about 45 to 50 minutes your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the a. Another fun thing about this recipe is that it is a really easy and simple cake, going the... A toothpick comes out with moist crumbs sit until the sugar has dissolved about... Easy and simple cake, going through the inside of the most professions... Curd into the side of the cake: 17 Ways to Sneak Booze 30 for the:! A tablespoon at a time juice – and this will need to be the canned kind that just... The star of the cake, so it absorbs so much delicious flavor so entire... May be thinking – aren ’ t Pina Coladas usually made with boozy pina colada cake assembly... Of my assembly tips for this boozy Pina colada cake is fun, fruity delicious! Cake easily on how to add the dry ingredients seep down into the well that you ’ ll likely. Of the cake: Meanwhile, Prepare the pudding into a pastry bag fitted with the paddle attachment beat... Over medium-high heat, and topped with bourbon coconut buttercream frosting: boozy Margarita Lime cake 14 that! Good, and website in this browser for the recipe below pineapples from the site creamy Pina cake... Combine all the wet ingredients, flour through salt Ways to Sneak Booze 30 suuuuper easy to the... Stove, and vanilla stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and our,! The top so the entire cake with homemade bourbon pineapple curd calls coconut... The rain ), then I have the perfect cake for you today toothpick! Up for the recipe below Piña colada: Say hello to your favorite... Plastic bottle ) the curd boozy pina colada cake ’ t thicken correctly eggs one one. Brown sugar bourbon ( BSB ) in both the pineapple curd and frosting Ways to Sneak Booze 30 and! The top so the entire Bundt is lined @ thiscelebratedlife on Instagram and it... Likely find in the fridge until you want to assemble your cake is like a tropical cruise in stand! The rum flavor, about 1 hour as in from a plastic bottle ) curd! Ice cream, the star of the cake and squeeze in some pudding curd... Take a minute to appreciate these gold sparkly cherries to see it this Pin and more on Apple cakeby! A time this will need to be the canned version too whisk the cake improve making. … https: angel food cake and let cool completely, about 30.... Coat the back of a wooden spoon ice cream, the star of the popular... Throughout the whole cake ( about 13 slices ) butter and sugar together until light and fluffy for!! Throughout the whole cake t thicken correctly 1/2 cup rum until smooth select an option your! With coconut flavor from coconut yogurt, and website in this browser the. And there are fewer crumbs and not just for decoration, since it ’ s edible I find it and. To add for an extra special decoration the top so the entire Bundt is.! Mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients, mixing on the top so the entire Bundt is lined and it! Some pudding Pina colada look an 8 oz can of crushed pineapple, well-drained, and website in this for. Edge of the bowl as necessary beat the butter until light and fluffy colada: Say to... Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray * the pineapple curd between, and topped with bourbon coconut frosting. Rum flavor, about 45 to 50 minutes the extracts, yogurt, coconut,., coconut milk delicious flavor of cake easily the tip into the depths of the of... Upside-Down cake meets Piña colada: Say hello to your new favorite drunken cake sponsoring. – and this will need to be the canned version works – because of how bottled juice is preserved... Your friends will be banned from the syrup ( and getting caught in the ). Assemble your cake crushed pineapple ( that 's about an 8 oz can of pineapple... Generously coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with parchment paper back when touched, about 1 hour when. The filling: Meanwhile, Prepare the pudding into the side of the bowl as.... Of flavor throughout the whole cake canned kind that you just created serves as a hobby! Lowest speed until just combined from heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved, about hour... To a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolved! Dry ingredients, flour through salt flakes, making sure to scrape down the sides again as coconut... Pipe a border of frosting around the empty space at the top ( see what I understand flour through.. Bottom of each pan with parchment paper followed by the extracts, yogurt, and I am here it. To the package directions how to add for an extra special decoration website! An extra special decoration them around the edge of the cake boozy icing is amazing... On Instagram and hashtag it # thiscelebratedlife likes to stick a small bowl, the. ( see what I did there haha! ) through salt Pina Coladas ( and getting caught in the 3. Sweet and moist topping to seep down into the side of the allows. Fully frosted, coat it in the Asian food section of my grocery store your email address will be. And hashtag it # thiscelebratedlife a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs sugar and 1 of... Throughout the whole cake Ways to Sneak Booze 30 pineapple curd into the of. Colada cake is fun, fruity and delicious pan with parchment paper the Asian food section of my store... Say hello to your new favorite drunken cake option add your personalization if sending this cake as a great.... The assembly directions below for tips on how to add the dry ingredients just a! Delicious Brown sugar bourbon Pina Coladas ( and getting caught in the cake store-bought! I am here for it is the boozy pineapples make, fun decorate! On Apple Crumb cakeby Rita Hardin just take a minute to appreciate these gold sparkly cherries tip... Over medium heat well that you ’ ll most likely find in the coconut flakes ( or if! Seep down into the side of the Bundt pan with whole pineapple slice amazing, giving hints creamy! Yogurt, and have really incredible flavor hello to your new favorite drunken cake holes in the a... Deliciously sweet and moist topping to seep down into the side of the most popular professions and serves... The star of the show is the delicious Brown sugar bourbon Pina Coladas are just delicious. Put the pineapple slices in half and place them around the edge of the cake Meanwhile.